Reports to Position: Substance Abuse Program Manager
Howard Brown is hiring for a full time clinician to provide substance abuse assessments and counseling (individual and group) in the Recovering with Pride Program. Services are provided in both outpatient and intensive outpatient levels of care, with a focus on LGBT and HIV impacted populations. Services provided will follow professional standards and ethical guidelines. Howard Brown is an approved NHSC loan repayment site. Additional information can be found at: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and provide therapeutic services to individuals and groups. Conduct screenings, make referrals, complete assessments, and provide counseling. Target groups include lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender populations of varied ethnic backgrounds as well as HIV/AIDS impacted clients.
- Contribute to the development of substance abuse programming at HBHC.
- Provide consultation for other staff, social work and psychology externs and volunteers on substance abuse and chemical dependency. Participates in the Department’s training program; provides education to the general public and other substance abuse professionals through public speaking engagements and workshops.
- Make program recommendations to the Director of Behavioral Health Services and Substance Abuse Program Manager, and implement approved procedures for the programs.
- Develop and maintain required files, records, reports, and statistical data in a timely manner and in accordance with departmental & agency and guidelines, as well as DASA standards.
- Communicate with Financial Services regarding client fees and collections.
- Other duties as assigned
Working Conditions: Community health center setting with psychosocial services, medical clinic and pharmacy on site. Dedicated interdisciplinary team composed of psychologists, social workers, professional counselors, graduate student trainees, psychiatrists and medical staff.
Physical Requirements: Physical ability to effectively communicate with others, verbally and written; perform basic computer operations and other office functions, whether aided or unaided.
Hours: Full-time position, working a minimum of 40 hours per week. Schedule flexible, with some evening hours (6 PM to 9 PM) required.
Qualifications: Master’s degree in a behavioral science (MA, MSW) required. LCSW required. Certified Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC) preferred.
Required Experience: Clinical experience in providing individual and group therapies in substance abuse required. Knowledge and/or experience in working with multi-ethnic clients (particularly African-American and Latino), LGBT populations, and/or HIV+/PWA clients required.
Ability to provide services in Spanish strongly preferred.
Please use the following link to apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=2875501
Due to space limitations in our Applicant Tracking System, please paste your cover letter in the same document as your resume.
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.