REPORTS TO: Grants and Contracts Manager
The Grants and Contracts Accountant is part of the team that provides financial management of all grants and contracts and performs daily accounting functions related to grants and contracts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities*:
· Create, or assist in creating, the proposed budgets for all grants submitted by the organization, in coordination with the grant-writing, program, and other finance staff.
· Oversee preparation of subcontracts and subcontract modifications as required.
· Prepare monthly invoices requesting reimbursement from funding sources and draw packages for submittal to federal funding sources for reimbursement, including assembling supporting documentation.
· Prepare, enter, and verify monthly general ledger journal entries as they relate to grants and contracts.
· Maintain monthly accounting of grants and prepare timely reports for program staff. Maintain helpful and consistent interaction with program personnel to monitor the financial progress of grants and contracts.
· Must be available to work with funding sources in conjunction with site audits and must be able to prepare and have available all necessary documents ahead of site audits.
· Assist contract and grant staff in budget development and financial reporting as needed.
· Maintain log of funds received/outstanding amounts receivable from funding sources.
· Coordinate financial reporting requirements with program coordinators.
· Prepare budget revisions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pleasant, casual work environment. Space is limited and must be shared for most effective usage. Sporadic periods of high stress and irregular hours. Periodic evening and special events participation may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree with 2–4 years of grants or non-profit experience preferred; relevant equivalent experience is acceptable. Familiarity with federal and local funding streams very desirable. Must be expert in Excel (able to use formulas, linked worksheets, pivot tables, etc.). Must be able to work independently and as a team member. Must have excellent communication skills, and must be extremely detail-oriented, organized, and able to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment. Experience with Microsoft Word required; experience with Blackbaud programs (Financial Edge, Power Plan, Raiser’s Edge) is required as well.
Please apply using the following link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4282331
Please paste your cover letter and resume in the same document due to space limitations.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.