JOB TITLE: Medical Case Manager, Ryan White
REPORTS TO: Primary Care Social Worker
Provide Ryan White Medical case management to HIV+ clients including, but not limited to, assessment of need, service planning, reassessments, treatment education, adherence counseling, linkages and referrals to public and privates services and programs, information dissemination, financial resource management, advocacy, mental health assessment, service plan follow-up and discharge planning.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities*:
· Explain the range of HBHC’s medical and psychosocial services to RW clients.
· Provide information, education and emotional support to patients/clients in a compassionate, culturally sensitive and appropriate manner.
· Conduct initial assessment interview of individuals requesting RW services and conduct subsequent required reassessments.
· Maintain current knowledge on HIV-related information, which may be of benefit to clients.
· Provide education, information and referrals to clients; locate, identify and utilize new social services and resources.
· Evaluate all patients’/clients’ ability to understand health plans; provide treatment education and adherence counseling to clients to improve health outcomes; consult with medical providers regarding assessment and counseling sessions.
· Coordinate medical care with providers, schedule patient follow-up (internal and external appointments); facilitate appointments with collaborative medical partners for provider recommended follow-up screenings and treatment.
- Assess financial need of clients and facilitate patient financial support; help with applications, especially as it relates to public benefits programs, ADAP and prescription assistance programs.
· Develop and maintain required records, reports and statistical data.
- Assist with arranging for patient transportation as needed.
- Attend department meetings, team meetings and supervision.
· Assist in the supervision and training of volunteers and interns who provide services to clients as needed.
· Maintain the highest level of client confidentiality.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Minimum of bachelors’ degree in social work or related social services field.
· Prior case management experience
· Experience working in a community-based medical/social services setting
· Prior knowledge and experience with clients who are HIV+ and with diverse communities.
· Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred
· Masters in Social Work or related social services field
· Desire to work for and within Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer community
Pleasant, casual work environment. Space is limited and must be shared for most appropriate usage. Hours are typically 9 AM-5 PM with some flexibility to accommodate client need.
Please apply using the following link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1592201