JOB TITLE: Brown Elephant Sales Associate
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
Part-time Sales Associate (28 hrs / week), responsible for stocking sales floor, maintenance of sales floor, cash handling, customer service.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities*:
1. Maintain store facilities, including stocking sales floor, keeping sales floor neat and clean (dusting, polishing, sweeping, wet mopping, vacuuming, waste disposal, cleaning of washrooms and snow removal).
2. Sort, pack, hang, etc. all merchandise.
3. Process sales on cash register.
4. Provide timely and courteous customer service following established guidelines.
5. Perform other duties as directed and as required.
6. Attend meetings as required.
Core Standards for all job descriptions:
In addition to your principle duties and responsibilities, every Howard Brown employee is expected to demonstrate the following core characteristics:
1. Welcome people. Smile. Say hello. Acknowledge others by making eye contact. Stop and try to help anyone who looks lost, or find someone who can help. Strive to create a positive first impression for customers and new employees.
2. Appreciate every individual. We’re all special and unique. Celebrate that. Seek to understand the role of others. Be aware of your impact on others. Value the input, knowledge and friendship of others. Appreciate others; say a genuine “thank you.”
3. Demonstrate courtesy and respect. Treat everyone fairly and with respect. Be aware of blaming or finger pointing language and behaviors in yourself. Be sensitive to gossip and rumor spreading in yourself and others. Give new staff all the kindness, support, training and friendliness they deserve. Remember how it felt to be the new person. One kind remark, one experience of being helped and supported is enough to make a new employee a long-term, happy employee.
4. Respond to the needs and concerns of others. Recognize the needs of others and respond quickly. Empathize with the concerns and fears of others… ALWAYS! Treat others as you would like to be treated.
5. Communicate effectively. Explain what you’re doing. Invite and answer questions. Listen, listen, listen. Provide feedback in an honest, constructive, caring manner. Seek help and coaching in offering feedback when needed. Speak courteously to others.
6. Demonstrate personal and professional accountability. Keep your commitments. Be on time. Dress and act appropriately. Accept responsibility for your own actions and reactions. Get involved, stay informed, take initiative. Help each other. Eliminate “It’s not my fault” and “It’s not my job” from your vocabulary. Enjoy others, share laughter, and project positive behaviors and energy. When interpersonal conflicts arise, step up to the plate, do the mature thing: seek assistance through your manager or Human Resources first. Don’t let issues fester!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
High school diploma or equivalent, two years sales experience and excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
Casual, sometimes hectic work environment, subject to irregular and weekend hours. Job requires standing and walking for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift heavy and bulky items unassisted, up to 50 pounds.
Please apply using the following link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1592151