Howard Brown Health Center is currently seeking qualified candidates for the Call Center Operator job opening. See below for full job details and application instructions.
Reports to Position: Director of Patient Services
Under direction of the Director of Patient Services, the Call Center Operator is responsible for answering incoming telephones for all of the HBHC / TRIAD offices, scheduling and confirming appointments, rescheduling appointments when needed, having an understanding of insurance plans and taking very detailed messages for staff members when required. Maintains and retains a customer service attitude at all times to ensure patient satisfaction.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming calls from clients and provide information and assistance in order to properly navigate a client through the organization.
- Route all calls to and from the Call Center to appropriate individual or department.
- Routinely checks the queue to monitor calls holding.
- Schedules appointments for all medical and behavioral health providers, which include scheduling nurse or phlebotomy appointments as appropriate.
- Follow protocols to properly triage calls to appropriate staff.
- Documenting and making changes as appropriate to a patient’s demographic information.
- Monitoring all schedules for errors or overbooking
- Greet all clients with a pleasant and helpful manner, and collecting pertinent demographic and billing information.
· Validate and correct insurance information as required.
- Cross train to other positions as directed
- Supports the mission statement to develop, enhance, and promote quality customer service through team effort.
- Exhibits flexibility, sensitivity, and respect, maintaining a working relationship with all team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Computer literacy required. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Spanish language/bi-lingual skills are required. CPT and ICD-9 coding desirable.
· Directs and supervises the work of others.
· High school diploma
· Experience in medical records and/or medical data entry required.
· Works under minimal direction.
· Primary work setting is an indoor office/healthcare environment.
· Physical ability to effectively communicate with others, verbally and written; perform basic computer operations and other office functions, whether aided or unaided.
· Potential irregular hours, occasional late or weekend meetings/events.
Application Instructions: Please apply using the following link:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.