Howard Brown Health Center is currently seeking qualified candidates for the Case Manager (Bilingual), RW/DRS job opening. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. See below for full job details and application instructions.
JOB TITLE: Case Manager (Bilingual), RW/DRS
REPORTS TO: Manager, Case Management, Ryan White
The Bilingual Case Manager will provide Ryan White (RW) and Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) case management to HIV+ clients including, but not limited to, assessment of need, service planning, home visits, reassessments, linkages and referrals to public and privates services and programs, information dissemination, financial resource management, advocacy, mental health assessment, service plan follow-up and discharge planning.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities*:
1. Explain the range of HBHC’s psychosocial services to RW and DRS clients.
2. Conduct an initial assessment interview of individuals requesting RW and DRS services and conduct subsequent required reassessments.
3. Perform home case management visits and follow-ups for DRS clients.
4. Assess financial need of clients and process financial aid applications.
5. Develop and maintain required records, reports and statistical data.
6. Maintain current knowledge on HIV-related information, which may be of benefit to clients.
7. Locate, identify and utilize new social services and resources.
8. Provide education, information and referrals to incoming callers.
9. Recommend procedures for the implementation of client case management services.
10. Assist in the supervision and training of volunteers and interns who provide services to clients as needed.
11. Participate in interagency councils and meetings as assigned.
12. Maintain the highest level of client confidentiality.
13. Attend department meetings, team meetings and supervision.
14. Provide consultation to new and emerging AIDS service organizations as assigned.
15. Perform assigned speaking engagements.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree, required. Degree MUST be in social work, psychology or other related human services field.
- Candidate MUST have a minimum 5 years of prior case management and/or social services experience. (5 year minimum is waived if the candidate has MSW Degree.)
- Candidate MUST be Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Experience working in a community-based medical/social services setting, required.
- Prior knowledge and experience with clients who are HIV+ and with diverse communities, required.
- Desire to work for and within Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer community, required.
- Master in Social Work or related social services field, preferred.
- This position requires some travel throughout Chicagoland area. Possessing a car is beneficial but not required.
Pleasant, casual work environment. Space is limited and must be shared for most appropriate usage. Hours are typically 9 AM-5 PM with some flexibility to accommodate client need.
To apply for this job, please follow the below link:
Equal Opportunity Statement:
All employment decisions at Howard Brown are made without regard to any person’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.