Click here to download our Donation Form
Please print two copies: One to bring to The Brown Elephant with your donation and One for your records
The Brown Elephant Resale Stores support the mission of the Howard Brown Health Center by raising money for families and individuals who cannot afford health care. In order to achieve that mission, we need and accept the following items for donation. Items must be clean and free from tears, stains and damage. Men’s, Women’s and Children’s Clothing:
- Seasonal coats & jackets
- Suits & sport coats
- Shirts - dress, casual and sweatshirts
- Wedding gowns, party dresses & evening wear
- Bottoms - skirts, pants (dress, casual, and jeans)
- Shoes - should be paired and banded. The shoes should not be ripped or torn and should be in reusable condition
- Purses and Belts - All accepted; leather preferred
We respectfully request that all clothing be freshly cleaned/laundered prior to donation - and without hangers
Furniture, Housewares, books, and miscellaneous
- Upholstered furniture (sofas, love seats, armchairs, etc.). Sofa beds with clean mattresses. We ask that all upholstered furniture be in good condition with no rips, tears, stains or pet hair
- End tables, coffee/cocktail tables, media stands
- Dining room tables, china cabinets, buffets, chairs, etc.
- Dressers, mirrors, chest of drawers, wardrobe/armoires
- Bookcases, small desks, small file cabinets (2 Drawer
- Framed posters & paintings
- Vases, lamps, and other decorative accessories
- Clean dishes, pots and pans, and cooking utensils free from rust and food particles
We cannot accept used bedding and mattresses
Books - we accept most books in good condition with no tears and binding intact. Exceptions are text books, encyclopedias, and Readers Digest
Due to the recycling and reuse act we can no longer accept non-flat screen TVs of any type or age - call 1-800-RECYCLING (800-732-9254) or click 1800recycling.com to find the nearest recycling drop off near you
If you have a a question as to whether we're able to accept an item for donation, please call the store ahead of your visit, or email email@example.com.
Giving something away on craigslist?
Donate it, help save lives, and get a tax deduction!
Drop-off donations are accepted at any Brown Elephant location during regular business hours.
Pickups of furniture may be scheduled by clicking here and filling out the pickup request form. If you have questions about items that we accept, please check out this page or call 1-773-549-5943, Ext. 1. Our pickup service has a small suggested minimum donation of $10 and your donation is tax deductible!
The Donations office is open 7 days a week, from 9:00am to 5:30pm for your convenience. Our pick up service is reserved for furniture donations only. Smaller items may be dropped off at any of our locations during regular business hours. Our movers reserve the right to refuse donations that do not meet our quality standards for resale. We cannot accept items that are ripped, stained, structurally damaged, excessively worn, or missing hardware.
Thank you for your purchases and donations
to the Brown Elephant Resale Shops of Howard Brown!
Make a financial contribution
to help carry on the legacy
and life-saving services
of Howard Brown Health Center